- This event has passed.
ADC Cocktail Party: The Koerner Affair
February 24, 2018 | 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm |
$175 - $200
Get Smart and join the Palm Springs Art Museum Architecture and Design Council for a fabulous spy-themed cocktail party in one of Palm Springs’s most treasured, architecturally significant, midcentury modern homes. Guests will need a secret code to discover the mysteries of this iconic home, rarely open to the public. The Koerner House (1955)–designed by E. Stewart Williams features original landscape design by the famed Los Angeles-based firm of Eckbo, Royston, and Williams. This year’s fundraiser benefiting the museum will feature a James Bond martini bar (shaken not stirred) delicious food, and beautiful surroundings as you tour the 4000-square-foot home and acre of patios and secret gardens.
You’ll also have the opportunity to bid on a unique array of one-of-a-kind art and architecture travel experiences held in iconic locations around the country!
The live auction items include:
• Palm Springs: Catered Dinner for 8 at Frey House II
• L.A – 2 nights at the Ace Hotel, private downtown tour with Charles Phoenix, Architecture Tours LA Silverlake, Montalba Architects tour, and more surprises
• Phoenix/Scottsdale – 3 nights at a private condo at the Biltmore, private tours of Mid Mod homes and private cocktail party, interior tour of the David Wright House, tour of Taliesen Desert Shelters, and 2 tickets to Phoenix Modern’s sold-out home tour
• Chicago: 3 nights at private condo at Astor Tower, designed by Bertrand Goldberg, Chicago river architectural cruise, walking tours, tours of private homes and cocktail party.
• Denver: 3 nights in a city loft with mountain views, curator tours of Denver Art Museum and Kirkland Museum, and special visit with collectors of Mid-century textiles, furniture and art.
Palm Springs Art Museum is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization; Federal Tax ID 95-1809576. All Council proceeds support Palm Springs Art Museum’s exhibitions, acquisitions, programs, and general operations. Thank you to official sponsors Caesarstone, H&M, UBS Indian Wells Branch, and Windermere Real Estate Homes & Estates. In-kind Support is provided by Tito’s Handmade Vodka and Lagunita’s Brewing Company.