- This event has passed.
Midday at the Oasis: Marrakesh Modernism Week Event
February 23, 2018 | 11:00 am - 3:00 pm |
Tour Times: 11:00am-2:00pm, 12:00pm-3:00pm
Rarely open to the outside world, Marrakesh Country Club has long been Palm Desert’s best-kept style secret. Designed by the undisputed master of the Hollywood Regency style, John Elgin Woolf, and built from 1969-1978 by Johnny Dawson, developer of Thunderbird and Eldorado and Country Clubs, the 364 “little pink palaces” set among lush greenery truly are the Jewel of the Desert.
Your ticket includes:
- Chic poolside Welcome Reception and refreshments at one of its iconic Pool Pavilions as your introduction to the idyllic life and style at Marrakesh.
- Leisurely Tour of five or more distinctive and inspiring homes and gracious gardens, from Neo-Classic to Now & Current, which the New York Times recently proclaimed are “making country clubs chic again.”
- High Tea Luncheon Buffet in the Clubhouse designed by Richard A. Harrison (of Harrison & Wexler), elevated above the valley floor for sweeping views in a vibrant setting.
- A lively Presentation on Marrakesh’s unique architecture by author Steven Price. Its place in design history is the subject of his newest book “Pink Jewel of the Desert: The Architecture of Marrakesh Country Club”.
- Gift bag with deluxe goodies including an advance copy of “Pink Jewel of the Desert” as we celebrate its official launch with this exclusive premiere.
Availability is limited. Proceeds from ticket sales help the Marrakesh CC Community Association in its program designed to retain its singular architectural heritage for generations to enjoy.